Thursday, March 21, 2013

Weird Days

Today is one of those weird days.
The days your inner self competes against itself.
You have one side dreaming out loud.
You have another bleeding it's doubts throughout your thoughts.
One crying to be held.
The other wanting to be left alone.
So many different stories and memories to each.
I appreciate these days because of the thinking that gets done.
I often motivate myself during these hours.
And all in the same swoop, demotivate myself.
Some will emerge victorious.
Those are the sides that will decide my fate for the next week or so.
Today is one of those weird days.
The days you feel like doing everything.
And yet the days you feel like doing absolutely nothing worthwhile.
The days you make plans.
The days your imperfections scratch into your core.
You scream out for help and hear no reply.
The love from God snatches your being and warms you.
Then the day is over.
Your hand reaches through everything piled on top of you.
It grasps the new found hope.
You emerge victorious.
I await that time of day.
Because today.
Well today is one of those weird days.

No comments:

Post a Comment